Summary of Services
- Physical therapy
- Safety evaluation/education
- Ambulation & transfer techniques
- Evaluation & management of medication
- Symptom control measures
- Reduction pain methods/techniques
- Pain medication instruction/monitoring
- Disease process education
- Post-Op teaching
- Adhesion wound prep & care
- Lab work evaluation/monitoring blood
Universal Home Care (UHC) has developed a unique/multidisciplinary approach in managing and treating patients with acute or chronic levels of pain as a supplemental resource for maintaining ones maximum level of wellbeing. Our collaborative Pain Management Program provides education, skilled services and focuses on sustained improvement in quality of life.
Furthermore, the goals of treatment provided via our Program are an emphasis on improving function limited by pain through the development of long-term, self-management skills - including fitness and a healthy lifestyle. Through assessments/reassessments, the patient directs the focus of the plan and our certified Pain Management Specialists guide our patients by providing them a hand-on-approach to improve mobility as well as, pain interference techniques during daily activities as a means to prevent hospital readmissions from intractable pain.
In addition, the Program is intended and appropriate for:
- Diagnosis or recent onset of disease
- Recent hospitalization
- Acute or chronic pain management
- Arthritis care
- Post joint replacement and postoperative pain
- Cancer care
- Wound pain
- Gastric Bypass complications
To learn more about our Pain Management Program, please contact us at: (800) 200-1020.