We are the something else when nothing else can be done. Universal has been providing over 20 years of in-home care for infants, children and their families. We are proud to announce that Universal Hospice is one of the few pediatric hospice programs in Southern California.
We understand the overwhelming needs and challenges that families face when a child falls ill. We provide: in-home healthcare, palliative/hospice care and bereavement support – all of which are designed to assist families during these trying times. Our team will work hand-in-hand with your child's physician and with other health care providers to comprehensively coordinate health services. Above all, we offer comfort and support so that you are able to do the same for your child. We will help every step of the way.
- Pain control, symptom management and end-of-life comfort care
- An on-call nurse, social worker and chaplain, 24 hours, seven days-a-week
- Hospice physician consultation
- Family counseling
- Music and art and pet therapy
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Help in obtaining medicine, supplies and equipment for the child
- Assistance with the child's practical needs such as feeding and bathing
- Supportive services for the child's siblings
- Grief and loss support
- Trained community volunteers
- Community program coordinator
Universal Hospice is CHAPS certified and is contracted with Medi-Cal, CCS, Regional Center and most commercial insurance plans. No child will be turned away for lack of funds.