Universal Hospice provides terminally ill patients who have been diagnosed with 6 months or less to live with in-home comfort care to enhance their quality of life.
We offer pain and symptom management as well as supportive therapies wherever they call home.
We understand the effects that disabilities/illnesses/injuries have on patients and their families, and do everything we can --from office staff to our nurses-- to support patients and families.
We tailor our service to meet the individual needs of each patient, placing a premium on compatibility between nurse and patient (and their family).
Universal Hospice has an understanding and appreciation of the multilingual, multicultural community that it serves and has the staff and nurses to accommodate specific needs.
Universal Hospice provides an individualized program of comprehensive, quality care that is patient and family-centered and addresses their physical, emotional, spiritual and practical care in the last phase of their life-limiting illness.
Neither hastens or postpones death; hospice affirms life and regards dying as a human process
Using an interdisciplinary group approach of physicians, nurses, home health aides, social workers, spiritual and bereavement counselors, therapists, volunteers, homemakers and others, Universal Hospice provides continuity of care consistent with hospice personnel responding to the needs and goals of the patient/family/caregiver in relation to the terminal diagnosis, culture, environment and level of care needed.
Universal Hospice recognizes these values and their roles in fulfilling this mission:
- Commitment to Patients
- Commitment to Family
- Commitment to Leadership
- Commitment to Excellence
Services We Offer
Universal Hospice will work with you and your family to develop a personalized care plan delivered in the comfort of wherever you call home. We have highly-qualified and experienced staff members consisting of:
- Your Attending Physician
- Medical Director
- Registered Nurses
- Social Worker
- Spiritual Counseling
- Respite Service
- Bereavement Services
When medical treatments can no longer cure a disease, our team can provide the support you and your loved one need. With great care and sensitivity, our skilled staff can assist you (or your loved ones) with a vast array of in-home services ranging from skilled nursing to assistance with daily activities and personal care, such as:
- Palliative Care
- Pain and symptom management
- Medication management
- Ventilator / Tracheostomy / G-tube care – If needed.
- Monitoring of blood pressure and other vital signs
- Wound care / therapies – If needed
- Assistance with ambulation / transfers
- Assistance with bathing and dressing
- Light housekeeping, laundry and routine linen changes
About Our Caregivers
- 24 Hours a day / 7 days a week on-call service/support
- English Speaking/Bi-Lingual
- Detailed Reference Checks
- Large, Diverse Pool of Primary & Relief Staff
We Provide Services Under
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Private Insurance
Why Choose Universal Hospice
- 24 hours a day/7 days a week on-call service
- Highly experienced and trained staff
- A large, diverse pool of highly qualified pre-screened nurses and caregivers to ensure the highest level of personalized service to each patient.
We Service the Greater Los Angeles County
Call (323) 655-6444 for a Consultation
Frequently Asked Questions
When is it appropriate to start thinking about Hospice care?
Hospice care works best when there are months rather than days to establish relationships and support. You might want to consider hospice care when one or more of the following occur:
- Progressive Loss of Function
- Decline Despite Curative Treatments
- Decision to Stop Curative Measures
Do you provide service for children?
Yes, we provide service for children and adults alike. We are one of the few pediatric hospice providers in Southern California. Assisting the family unit as a whole during their time of need.
Do you provide service for specific visits like Physical / Speech / Occupational therapy? IV treatment?
Yes! Universal Hospice offers a comprehensive range of services for all your hospice needs.
What are the different levels of care provided under hospice?
- Routine Care – Home Visits and Visits for Urgent Concerns 24 Hours a Day
- Continuous Care – In-home Short Term Crisis Care
- General In-patient – Nursing Facility Short Term Crisis Care
- In-Patient Respite – Relief Care Up to 5 Days